Tuesday, May 20, 2014

23 Mobile Things, Thing #22: Discovering Apps

I tried out the Quixey website.  I selected iPad as my platform and then since I didn't really know what I was looking for I just searched simply on the word "library."  Some really cool and a few obscure things came up!  

I know a few patrons who will want to know about the JW Library app, which is "an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses. It includes six Bible translations, Sing to Jehovah, and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014."

My friend's son who is taking guitar lessons will want to know about the Guitar Tools app - even if it costs $3.99 - sounds like a great and useful app for anyone taking lessons.

I was very excited to find the Library of Congress Virtual Tour app since I have not yet been there in person. Another great app that I found was the MeeGenius - Read Along Library of Children's Books.  I can't wait to try this with my nephews and niece and to share it with all of the parents I know.  Super cool way to add to the summer reading fun.

There are also a lot of great apps to help manage your own personal library.  This is something that I have always meant to do and someday - maybe soon?  this summer?  I will!

What a great website.  I've bookmarked it for later use.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing the 23 Mobile Things!! Don't forget to email minn23@gmail.com to get the completion badge next to your blog name on the 23 Mobile Things site to help us track how many people got through the program. :)

    ReplyDelete