Wednesday, May 7, 2014

23 Mobile Things, Thing #19: Hobbies

Of the apps listed for this Thing, I was most interested in the MyGarden gardening app.  In the few months we have that allow for planting, I love to grow all manner of flowers and vegetables in numerous containers around my apartment building.  Because I live in an apartment, I can't do a traditional garden, but I've become quite adept at container gardening.  However, I am always looking for more tips and tricks.  The MyGarden app seemed like just the perfect thing.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be totally ready to go yet as many of the plants I clicked on have incomplete information.  Cilantro, for example, says "This plant has no description yet" under many of the topics.  It seems like it has great potential.  I hope to see it grow and expand to include all kinds of gardening tips.  I think the main purpose is probably to be some kind of social media network for gardeners, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I used to use Spotify all the time on my classroom computer when I taught second grade.  I had all kinds of different playlists:  quiet time and testing music, dance music, kids requests for free time, etc.  I loved using it on a computer; however, at the time, when I downloaded it on my phone I found that I couldn't access my playlists without upgrading to Premium, which costs money.  I'm so excited to know that that has now been changed!  I'm happily listening to all the playlists again, on my phone this time! I like the iheartradio app a lot, which is what I started using after I found I couldn't access my Spotify playlists on my phone.  It will be nice to have options now and to be able to use the playlists again that I put so much time into making!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also very happy about not having to pay for Spotify premium to use it on my devices!! Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete